Tears of the Ascendant

Mission One: Part 3

Getting Down and Dirty

So beaten and bruised the party returns home. The next day determination to set out and find what happened to the stone head the were commissioned to find sets in. These are the things they quickly find:

  • The head was taken at night while guards were “delayed”
  • A guard was fired in connection with the delay under suspicion of connection with the crime
  • The head was cut off with a thin bladed adamantium hand saw
  • There is a woman that would come veiled to visit the statue every month.
  • The statue seemed out of place and unnaturally positioned as though it was moved there from another location.

After discovering these things it was determined that they should make a quick stop at the temple of Shelyn and demand more information about the person who wants the head. The priestess of Shelyn gave in to their request and told them it was a Medusa called the sculptress who was being blackmailed into what amounted to slavery. She had finally saved enough money to buy a stone salve to remove the petrification and someone stole the head to stop her. As she venerated Shelyn and had purchased the salve from their temple they felt it a calling to aid her (not to mentioned it was prophecy).

With all this great information the group sought out the lead they had…a fired guard. There was good fortune with them as they found his hangout on their second try, but they were about 5 hours early, which was great for Netea who had plenty of time to drink then. When the ex guard arrived he was obviously put on edge when the conversation turned towards his incident with the statue. A short pursuit and a brief scuffle in the street and he was subdued and allowed to leave after giving up the information they wanted. He told the party he worked through an intermediary for the people that took it. A half-orc prostitute had handled the middle man work. The half-orc had no problem talking to the party and for some coin revealed what he knew. He asked the party to dispense with the man who ratted him out (something they never did). Shortly after their talk with the half-orc a couple of rouges of Norgorber walked into the establishment and approached Netea. After a brief exchange she stood and was stabbed by the pair. Their initial assault was about all they achieved as she retaliated in kind with a critical that downed one of them as the plant and the druid rushed to her aid. After a rest and some healing the party sought the entrance to the thieves layer. A trap and a lock later they were walking through the fume filled city sewers. As they worked their way through the sewers they encountered a group of cutthroats that they defeated and took one prisoner. That did not last however for as they interrogated the prisoner (unsuccessfully) they heard a small rumble, then a loud one, then they noticed thy high water, then waist deep (in deep waste), and then Netea and Russel were swept away by the current, Netea, severely injured from battle receives a substantial blow to the head and is rendered unconscious and begins to drowned. The water slowly disperses but it is up to Russel to save the unconscious half drowned elf. Unskilled in healing the plant tries to revive Netea and intuits CPR (Natural 20).


bduchytil bduchytil

I'm sorry, but we no longer support this web browser. Please upgrade your browser or install Chrome or Firefox to enjoy the full functionality of this site.